Friday, June 28, 2013

Music for Fridays: Roots, Carly Rae Jepsen, Jimmy Fallon, "Call Me Maybe"

I used to have a regular music video post, every week or so called "Music for Fridays", now long discontinued as I found most of my blog readers couldn't care less about my musical tastes. Well, time to resurrect it, at least for this Friday.

A goofball jam session, using a bunch of kindergarten musical instruments featuring Jimmy Fallon and the Roots, who have done more to showcase what's out there in contemporary music than anyone else in the last ten years. Oh yeah, Carly Rae Jepsen is featured with her mega-pop song "Call Me Maybe". I can see myself in the background just humming as loud as I can on a kazoo! (I'm doing it now in my head.) Smiles all around, including mine whenever I watch this video.


No comments: