Monday, July 13, 2020

Header Photo: Sunfish in Big Waves off Wrightsville Beach




The previous header photo was of a Sunfish racing in the ocean off Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina in their 2018 World Championships. It blew the whole week and the waves were tremendous for offwind sleigh rides. I harvested this photo from the Internet and don't have the name of the photographer. I would appreciate if someone could help with a name.

My2Fish did some research and pointed me to the web page with a slew of great photos from the Wrightsville Beach Sunfish Worlds. TOH to My2Fish.

4 comments:

Tillerman said...

I sailed in the Laser US Nationals there in 2005 and we had conditions like that some days. Awesome place. Can't wait to go back there for an RS Aero event.

Tweezerman said...

All of my gnarly wave condition dinghy races were in my young years. Never been the globe-trotter so my experience is what the Great Lakes can throw at you... and the waves on Lake Erie and Lake Ontario can rival the ocean waves. With dinghy racing it is sometime hard to find the big waves without the wind being over-the-top, hence cancellation for the day.

my2fish said...

I did some searching - it was the 2018 Worlds, and I found a TON of photos, but they don't credit the photographer.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPEVRuY1-T3ISOFHqQC20RWzZCB6qgR5SODpe5vcQWPzMdDOeZR5pfmYsTZGTZkHA?key=THVsLVhJMUg1anJVR3VadW1YcTBfc3lJT2cwOHRn

Tweezerman said...

My2Fish - Thanks for the link. Some great photos there. I'll move the link over to the main post.