Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mr. Putter

I was cleaning out my gutters when the visiting Mom/Grandmom of the neighbors across the street wandered over to introduce herself to my wife. Not to appear rude, I scrambled down and joined the two in the midst of their conversation.......

"Oh I've heard so much about you", says the Grandmom.

"Mostly about you (nodding to my wife, who is the friendly one, especially to the 4 year old girl from the family)"

And then Grandmom, nodding at me, adds "And S...(that 4 year old in the family) has a name for you. She calls you Mr. Potter."

Truly puzzled, I repeat "Mr. Potter?" (which is not even close to my first or last name.)

"Yes", says Grandmom "Mr. Potter"

And BINGO, the light went on and I replied.

"Ahhh.... Your daughter has remarked how I always seem to be puttering about with my boats. It seems your granddaughter has taken her mothers comments and named me "Mr Putter".

I kind of like it.

Mr. Putter

No comments: