Monday, November 28, 2016

My Early Moths in Tandem; Photos taken around 2005


These photos are of two of my early Moths, taken about twelve years ago, doubled up on my trailer for a trip to the Brigantine Regatta. On top is my Classic Moth, the yellow Energizer, a modified Stockholm Sprite and on the bottom was my winged scow Moth, Flatoo-a-T. Back then, the Brigantine Regatta had a "Modern Moth" division for winged Moths and I gamely raced my scow in that division, with little success. If I remember correctly, my friend Bill Beaver, raced my Classic in a couple of races.

For some reason I made a set of custom fiberglass mudguards for this trailer (hence the blue color). Both of the Moths, the trailer, and the Ford Aerostar van are no longer in my possession (the van and trailer junked, the Moths sold off into oblivion).


The dent in the aluminum wing tube, visible in the photo, is where a fellow Classic Mothie rammed me head on (he was on port prompting an exchange of pleasantries).



The blogmeister in the yellow Energizer.



Click here for my original post in Earwigoagin about my scow Moth.

My story on my winged International scow Moth has disappeared from an International Moth website. I reprint it here.



2 comments:

Martin Knoth said...

Hello I am searching for a good, simple and complete Plan for building a moth in wood in the Garage and for me, a non professional. I will be gliding on the surface of the water. Sorry my english I am Swiss so not so used...
Greetings Martin Knoth

Tweezerman said...

Martin,

Leave a comment for George A. over at Mid-Atlantic Musings. George has sent out paper plans for Classic Moths. Thanks. Rod